The Green Line Extension has been a linchpin behind the creation of the MaxPac project and it has been super frustrating for the City of Somerville, developers of the project, and nearby residents surrounding the project to see the continual delays to the Green Line Extension’s completion. Kudos to the completion of the first townhouse units at Maxwell Green and to the first residents who will occupy them in 2011.
There are four townhomes listed in the MLS at 56 Clyde Street and 3 of the 4 have accepted offers. These units are approximately 2000 square feet with off-street parking and are LEED certified. These units are part of the first phase of construction. The Green Line “T” stop will be within steps of Maxwell Green at the Lowell Street bridge, when it is finished. Current estimates show completion between 2018-2020.
Here are some specs for the units at Maxwell Green
- Lighting- Top of the line Lightolier, Eglo, and George Kovacs brand light fixtures are provided and 90% fluorescent. Lighting design provided by Award Winning ‘Best of Boston’ Lighting Designer Lucia Lighting.
- Flooring- Plyboo sustainable ¾” solid bamboo flooring with low emitting sealants and no added formaldehydes are used in all living and bedroom areas.
- Appliances- All appliances are Energy Star Rated appliances with Bosch 700 Series Evolution Gas ranges,Bosch Acenta Series dishwashers, GE Profile Space-maker II microwaves and Bosch Evolution 500 Series refrigerators.
- Roofing- The roofing is _Versico 0.60 fully adhered membrane roofing system which meets Energy Star guidelines and complies with LEED credit requirements.
- Plumbing- Fixtures will be Kohler or equivalent. Toilets will be Persuade Dual Flush technology. The persuade toilet can save as much as 6,000 gallons of water annually over a traditional 1.6 gallon toilet.
- Paint- Zero VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) Benjamin Moore paint, Pristine Eco-Spec.
- Tile Provided and professionally designed by Geologica of Boston’s acclaimed Design Center.
- Electrical 220v / 200 amp circuit breakers with Cat 5 for cable and computer
- Special Media I pod docks with built in speakers are provided in every living room.
- Custom made bamboo cabinets.
- Solid surface contemporary counter tops
Floorplans can be found here: http://theresidencesatmaxwells.com/floorplans.html
I will continue to post on the progress of The Residences at Maxwell Green over the coming months and years. If you would like me to represent you as your Buyer Agent and to make an offer to purchase a unit at this wonderful “green” complex, I would be happy to do so.
*Choose Willard Realty Group as your Buyer agent for your purchase at The Residences at Maxwell Green and we will credit $1,000 toward your closing costs. Contact me, Willard, for further details.