In 2010, one of the two gas heating systems in my house needed replacement and I wanted to finance the installation and purchase of the new boiler. Among some of the documentation from the MassSave energy audit/assessment was this document called a “Heat Loan“. I read through the document and immediately realized that I could qualify through this program for 0% financing for a 72 month term.
Description of HEAT Loan Program from MassSave.com site
The HEAT Loan Program provides customers the opportunity to apply for a 0% loan from participating lenders to assist with the installation of qualified energy efficient improvements in their homes. The loans are available up to $25,000 (depending on utility) with terms up to 7 years. To qualify for the loan, the customer must own a one-to-four-family residence, obtain a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment, and install qualified energy efficiency measures recommended by a Mass Save representative.
Energy Efficiency Improvements Eligible for the HEAT Loan Program:
- Attic, Wall, and Basement Insulation
- High Efficiency Heating Systems
- High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Solar Hot Water Systems
- 7-Day Digital Programmable Thermostats
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified Replacement Windows
Required Steps/How It Works
- Customer must sign up for a Home Energy Assessment from an authorized Mass Save program vendor.
- A Mass Save representative will assess your energy efficiency improvement needs and determine what improvements are eligible for financing. The representative will provide a HEAT Loan Intake Form, Program Steps, and Minimum Standards and Requirements.
- Customer obtains pre-approval from a participating lender if you choose.
- Customer obtains written contractor price proposal(s) for the installation of the improvements.
- Customer forwards the proposal(s) for eligibility review and approval to your Mass Save HEAT Loan representative along with the HEAT Loan Intake Form.
- Once approved you will receive a HEAT Loan Authorization Form.
- Customer applies for the loan with a participating lender.
- Once customer obtains an approval from a lender the funds will be provided in the form of two party checks.
- Measures are installed and Mass Save representative conducts a post-installation inspection on the installed improvements.
- After satisfactory inspection, Customer signs check over to contractor and any additional rebates are processed.
Choose a Lender
There is a lot of paperwork involved with getting this loan and doing it right (not as bad as doing U.S. tax returns). However, if you follow the instructions, you will be able to make great use of this financing to improve your home. As part of the program, you will receive a list of qualified lenders who participate in this program. I tried some of the sources and I was getting nowhere. That prompted me to look at the lender list again and I found Enerbank, and this out of state lender works with Conservation Services Group (CSG) to process the heat loans. It worked out great and Enerbank as well as CSG were easy to work with.
Visit Mass Save’s *participating lender list to find a lender.
Please call (866) 527-7283 to schedule a free home energy assessment in order to access this incentive.
||(617) 921-4758 cell/direct firstname.lastname@example.org http://willardgrp.com/bio MA License# 9077116||WILLARD REALTY GROUP, Inc. 1953 Massachusetts Ave. Ste. 400775 Cambridge, MA 02140 http://willardgrp.com/ MA License: 9011|
“Your referrals to me will get the best of many years’ residential real estate experience
– and my heartfelt thanks.”